Monday, August 8, 2011

Top 10 Blessings Since Being Diagnosed With A Brain Tumor

Well, I started out down a dirty road
Started out all alone
And the sun went down as I crossed the hill
And the town lit up, the world got still

Tom Petty, Learning to Fly, Into the Great Wide Open 1991




1. Discovering the mAss Kickers Foundation and all of the incredible advocates, patients, survivors, and other organizations that are tied in with the MKF

2. Meeting the most dedicated doctor that I know, my neurologist, who will answer any call, text, or email no matter what time of the day or night I need her

3. Meeting the loving, energetic men and women that make up the Great Lakes Rangers and F.U.B.A.R. paintball teams

4. Gaining a greater understanding of the medical world around me which includes technology, doctors, treatment options, facilities, and diagnoses

5. Realizing how precious life is and how lucky I am to be alive

6. Providing me with experiences that taught me to be more patient with others

7. Teaching me to take charge of my life and make decisions that best suit my needs

8. Forcing me to listen to my body even if I'd like to pretend that I'm 100% healthy at all times

9. Allowing me to realize that no matter how bad a situation might seem, there is always someone worse off
10. Realizing that life is more than sports and school; it’s about relationships and the impact that you make on the world around you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you Ready to be a mAss Kicker?

We think ALL Tumors Suck! We believe a stronger community needs to be formed to more efficiently fight these diseases. JOIN THE MASS KICKERS ARMY! Content here will be provided by real people who have been affected by tumors/cancer. Any one can be a "mAss Kicker". When facing a new intimidating diagnosis it is easy to loose confidence. We've found that the "Right ATTITUDE" will help get you through a difficult time! Are you ready to be a "mAss Kicker?"