Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tribute blog - Erich Zeeb!


I've been roaming around,
I was looking down at all I see
Painted faces fill the places I can't reach
You know that I could use somebody
You know that I could use somebody
Someone like you and all you know and how you speak

Kings of Leon, Use Somebody, Only by the Night 2008

My tribute is to Erich Zeeb, a super star mAss kicker who is almost twice my age with half of my maturity ;). Erich was diagnosed with a thalamic astrocytoma on July 5, 2008 and thrived through chemo and gamma knife surgery. He has taught me to never take anything too seriously or worry about what might happen. He currently lives in Colorado Springs where he trains at the U.S. Olympic Training Center for the Modern Pentathlon (Fencing, Swimming, Equestrian Jumping, Shooting, and Running). Erich has promised me numerous times that he’ll send me tickets to watch him in London at the 2012 Olympics hehe and I’m going to hold him to it. Sometimes he calls me his inspiration, but he is the real inspiration for getting back on track to participate in the Olympic Games after treatment and kicking mAss.

A life changed for no known reason,
A plan that had to be altered because of the season;
The season of cancer,
A time for the man to let the leaves fall.

The man received chemo and gamma knife,
The improvement was alright;
The man's doctors rocked,
Unfortunately, the treatments almost cleaned his clock.

Could the man handle this season of his life?
Could the man handle why he was faced with such adversity for no reason?
Could the man accept that the nurse helped his mother pick out the hearse?
Could the man fight against the temptation to ask his mother tosmuggle a gun inside the hospital within her purse?

Autumn ended just as fast as his life tried to dial one last call.
As he went to press the button to say goodbye, someone picked up; someone better than us all.
The call was to a friend from above,
Someone who knew that this man was full of love.

As family members planned a funeral,
The man sacrificed Heaven for just one more chance at being a juvenile!
A man with a brain tumor,
A man who rallied against a stormy season of his life and inspired me to fight for a cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you Ready to be a mAss Kicker?

We think ALL Tumors Suck! We believe a stronger community needs to be formed to more efficiently fight these diseases. JOIN THE MASS KICKERS ARMY! Content here will be provided by real people who have been affected by tumors/cancer. Any one can be a "mAss Kicker". When facing a new intimidating diagnosis it is easy to loose confidence. We've found that the "Right ATTITUDE" will help get you through a difficult time! Are you ready to be a "mAss Kicker?"