Sunday, August 14, 2011

Did I forget to say "Thank You"?


Breast cancer sucks. But I gained much more from it than I lost. Here are my top 10:

1. Realizing just how truly amazing my family is...not just my husband and kids, but my parents and brother and sister too. We grow up and have our own lives we sometimes forget to reconnect with the loved ones we grew up with.

2. All of the events for cancer! It's always fun to ride, fundraise, party, run, walk...for a good cause.

3. With all the cancer events I can now justify shopping for the new dress and the new running shoes.

4. Having a voice to share a story that I know will help someone.

5. Improving my lifestyle and my family's to avoid known cancer carcinogens.

6. Becoming a member of the Pink Ribbon Cowgirls. My sisters keep it real.

7. Taking an active role in the community to help others.

8. Fighting the fight just months before my dear friend had to do it too. If she'd have been diagnosed first, we'd have fallen to pieces. :P

9. Having my husband become more social and attending all things cancer with me.

10. Finding a light and strength that I never thought I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you Ready to be a mAss Kicker?

We think ALL Tumors Suck! We believe a stronger community needs to be formed to more efficiently fight these diseases. JOIN THE MASS KICKERS ARMY! Content here will be provided by real people who have been affected by tumors/cancer. Any one can be a "mAss Kicker". When facing a new intimidating diagnosis it is easy to loose confidence. We've found that the "Right ATTITUDE" will help get you through a difficult time! Are you ready to be a "mAss Kicker?"