Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NYC Walk to Beat the Clock 2011

On May 5th, 2011, I marked my second year of being cancer free and God willing I will be cancer free for a lifetime. Cancer changed my life; I thank God for my second shot at life as my priorities have changed and I am proud to call myself a Cervical Cancer Survivor.

In September 2009, I did a cervical cancer walk for the first time (Walk to Beat the Clock!). At the walk, I found inspiration in seeing many cervical cancer survivors telling their stories to help other women understand that through awareness and prevention this disease can be entirely eliminated. So, I joined their movement and now I am the President of Tamika and Friends, Inc. -New York City Chapter. Tamika and Friends, Inc. is a national non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about cervical cancer and its link to the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). It was founded in 2005 by Cervical Cancer survivor and advocate Tamika Felder.

On September 17th, 2011 Tamika & Friends is having their 4th annual NYC Walk to Beat the Clock to help beat the clock on cervical cancer because timing is everything. We want to publicly celebrate women who have survived, remember those who have lost their battle, support those who fight cervical cancer today and educate women on how to prevent a cervical cancer diagnosis all together!

Cervical Cancer is preventable, yet 11 women die each day from this disease. I do not want any other woman to go through what I did and become another statistic. I am committed to the eradication of cervical cancer along with Tamika & Friends.

Please join us in the fight to end cervical cancer and either register to walk or consider donating to this cause very near and dear to my heart. You can visit the following link to register, donate or volunteer. www.walktobeattheclock.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you Ready to be a mAss Kicker?

We think ALL Tumors Suck! We believe a stronger community needs to be formed to more efficiently fight these diseases. JOIN THE MASS KICKERS ARMY! Content here will be provided by real people who have been affected by tumors/cancer. Any one can be a "mAss Kicker". When facing a new intimidating diagnosis it is easy to loose confidence. We've found that the "Right ATTITUDE" will help get you through a difficult time! Are you ready to be a "mAss Kicker?"